Tuesday, March 25, 2008

PRO NO NO or PRO BONO


When we were asked the question "are designers obliged to do pro bono work?" many perceptions flew around in my head. My first opinion on this question  is that I do not feel we are obliged to do this work. As a designers I feel if you do decide to do pro bono work, it not only is a way to promote your capabilities but it is also positive way give back to the community. On the other hand if you do not decide to do the work I feel that it should not effect you negatively. All work that you receive is your decision whether you want to do it or not. We all have our rights and I feel if you take the work or leave it you are still the same person.

Even though pro bono work can be a very fulfilling and rewarding experience it is still your choice whether you take the work or reject it. 

No comments: