Sunday, March 9, 2008

AIGA...PART 1


Before we began to watch the AIGA Command X competition I was very interested.  I was interested because I had never heard about it before and there has never been a competition like it. When hearing about it I began to create a mental image and feeling about how the show might be, I was interested to see what it was going to be like and who the contestants were.  Once we began to watch it I had mixed feelings. I thought that the show was great but I felt that it lacked rehearsal and preparation.  Other then these small issues I felt that this event was very compelling. 

The way they set the show up in three parts was a great idea. I was interesting in part one to get to know the contestants and realize that they are just like me. (it could be me up there) The part of the show that I found most interesting was the critiques on the contestants work. It was nice to see their work but the judging I felt was the best part. I feel this way because at first I thought they were going to be really easy on the contestants, but they did critique and "bash" their work. It was nice to see someone like me presenting their work to such a big crowd and to view work from people that have been chosen from thousands. 

I am very excited to see the next part of the show, it should be interesting to see the designs of a box that holds sausage covered pancakes on sticks.

No comments: