Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Design Work I would Refuse!


After our class discussion it was interesting to see how much work I would probably take over some of my other classmates. It was interesting to me to see how others in class would not to work for certain issues. This could be because of something that has happened during there lives or just for moral rights. For something issues like smoking and drinking I would have to say that I would do design work for. The reason I would is because as much as I would like to say that my work could impact this issue I really feel that it wouldn't. The only people that it may impact are the ones who are already concerned about the issue. There are too many people out there that do drink and smoke for my design work to make a difference. 

Issues that I would not do design work for are things like "clubbing seals", "abortions" and "polluting". Issues like these I don't think should be addressed and should not even be going on. I would not design work for these issues to encourage people to act upon these issues. I would on the other hand do design work for them if it was to address the issue in an anti polluting  or anti abortion campaign. 

Overall I have my boundaries when it comes down to providing my design skills to certain work. I have my limits and moral rights. When it comes down work I will decide whether I want to produce the piece or not.

No comments: